Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Introducing...Grayson Richard Jones

Be prepared for the longest post ever...

Well as most of you already now Grayson made his big debut on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 9:24pm.  He weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz. and is 20.5 inches long!  Jared and I are just thrilled to be parents and could not be happier.  We love Grayson SO much and are enjoying our time together as a family.

We could not have asked for a better delivery.  We had our 39 week doctor appointment on Wednesday afternoon and right before we were about to leave my water broke in the doctor's office.  We then drove across the street to the hospital,  So convenient!  After being admitted I decided to get an epidural...so glad that I did!  We "relaxed" in the hospital room watching So You Think You Can Dance while waiting on Grayson.  I progressed very quickly, which I don't think the nurses were planning on, and they called my doctor when I was already at a 10.  Once my doctor got there I pushed for 14 minutes and Grayson was here!  So amazing!  


Grayson swallowed a lot of amniotic fluid and had to go to the NICU.  I have to say I was completely devastated and heartbroken to see my little boy taken away so quickly and it was definitely something I hadn't planned on.  After being in the NICU for a little over an hour he was able to go to the newborn nursery and Jared was able to show him to our family.  Around 1:00 in the morning I was finally reunited with my little guy! 

Hospital Visitors








 



Heading home!




First trip to Sonic!

In Jared's "Going Home" outfit
 

As some of you know Grayson had a bad case of jaundice and we had to have him under lights as often as possible Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  This is not what you imagine your first few days at home with your newborn but, I knew that the cuddling would come once he was better and that had to be my priority.  The rule of thumb "sleeping when he is sleeping" didn't work for us because someone had to stay with Grayson anytime he was under the lights.  We were so blessed to have family that was able to come help so that we could get some sleep.  After going to the doctor everyday and having to get his heel pricked we were so excited to hear that we were done with the lights and he didn't even need to get his heel pricked to verify that!






Our first "normal" night at home was Tuesday night and it went GREAT!  We are so blessed to have a little guy that loves his sleep...let's hope it stays that way.  We were able to get a total of about 6 hours of sleep...love him!!!




I have a lot more information to share but I will try to give it to y'all slowly!  Thanks for all your prayers and congratulations!  We feel so blessed to have such amazing family and friends!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that your labor and delivery went so well and that he is doing great now! He is so super cute and I can't wait to meet him! We are so happy for you guys! And when he's ready Anthonys ready to play!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your sweet little family! Mommyhood is so wonderful! Welcome to the club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for posting on Facebook. I will try to remember to look for it every once in a while to catch up!
    Lisa Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! so happy to hear more of your story. I am so so so glad that your labor went so well! That is amazing for a first baby! You better have a bunch :) ha! Can't wait to see you and your sweet little guy!

    ReplyDelete