Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Zoo Trip & A Mild Breakdown

G and I finally got out of the house and went to the zoo today which was GREAT!  The weather was beautiful and he enjoyed watching the waterfalls.  Yep, that's pretty much it, no animals just the water.  But he had fun anyways!  I forgot to get a picture of him in his hat and sunglasses today but I have one from before he got sick.  I have to share it because he is too cute!!


Now onto my little bit of a breakdown...

It have been over 7 months since I've become a SAHM and it has brought a lot of changes to my life.  I always knew that I wanted to stay home and raise our children but I never realized how this change would effect me emotionally and socially.  

Don't get me wrong I love staying at home and wouldn't change it for the world but I do miss the old me.  The me that knew what I was talking about (at least half the time), felt confident in my day to day tasks and was able to carry on a conversation easily with another adult!  What happens to you when you become a mom that makes you lose your train of thought ALL THE TIME...or is that just me?!?!

I guess I am just having a bad case of the SAHM blues.  I did just have a baby (can I still say 'just'), my body will never be the same, my hormones are still all over the place, my skin has never been great but it's even worse, too and I'm still trying to make new friends on the SAHM side.  I feel like I don't have a proper place or purpose anymore.  I am hoping this is normal and a lot of moms go through a phase like this.  At least, one thing I do know for sure is that no matter how crazy or unsure of myself I get I will always be happy that I am able to stay at home with G.  All done...well, for now! Thanks for listening (well, reading)!

3 comments:

  1. What you're feeling is completely normal! I felt that when I was working and it became worse when I became a SAHM. I'm so glad you're a part of our mommy group and I hope you enjoy being around all the big kids! :) You're an amazing mom and I'm so glad we both get to share this special time with our little ones together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's normal to feel that way. Even though I work one day a week I still feel like mostly a SAHM and that one day a week out of the house is a HUGE help in my emotional stability! you are doing great and it gets a little better once they get bigger and you can get out more easily w/ less naps to schedule etc etc.
    AND I am glad to know I'm not the only one who feels like I never finish a conversation and who looses my train of thought often! I think it's just all the distraction of keeping baby first in mind :) Saw you but didn't get to talk to you tonight...glad you were all well enough to get out of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great! I will echo the others, what you're feeling is very normal! Being a SAHM mom is the hardest job you'll ever have. Just remember, you can never get back these years and if you talk with a lot of older women, most will say they wished they would have spent more time with their families. Finding other SAHM friends is extrememly important and helpful.

    -Marisa

    ReplyDelete